Wednesday 18 January 2006

A serious survey of selected sections of stuff since Sunday (well, Friday really, but that doesn't alliterate)

I wrote such a long blog last week that I ran out of time to do all the things I was meant to be doing (the household chores had to wait). So this week, I’ve decided to type it all up on Word the night before. How organised am I? Answers in the comments section below…


And then it was Friday 13th… oooooohhhhh… I never really got the whole superstition thing. I mean, really… why? They make no sense to my brain.

R got a free, all-expenses-paid trip to Sydney through her work, which is cool. So if any of you will be at the Sydney Trade Fair this year, keep your eyes open for strange people offering you tea…


We got a new neighbour on the 14th – her name (truly) is Baby, and she’s from Bangladesh. Seems nice, if a little odd. But then again, odd is our kind of people.

In the evening, we had a dinner date with RB and EJ, for which R and I had to work very hard to leave the house – we were both exhausted after work. But we managed to walk over to Lygon Street (the buses don’t run after 6.30 on Saturdays… grrr…). Went to a Thai restaurant, which is normally excellent, but was decidedly average that night. Maybe I was just too tired to enjoy the evening properly. Fortunately, we didn’t have to walk back, as RB gave us a very much-appreciated lift.


So we arrive at Sunday. Several exciting items on today’s agenda.
1) I received an e-mail from a competition that I entered telling me that I had won! Woo-hoo! And guess what I won… a BOOK! Just what we needed – more books. We are well short on books. Seriously though, we really need a new bookshelf. Our two are severely overflowing.
2) My cousin has announced her engagement (something of a whirlwind romance by all accounts)
3) Our neighbour, Baby, came over and sang oriental religious chants to us! And then she struggled to put a curtain in her flat.
4) I had the next 2 days off! And it doesn’t get much more exciting than that.
5) No Beatles music today. This week, it was ELVIS!


Tell me why I don’t like Mondays. Well, actually, some of them are pretty good. And this particular Monday was great. R and I both had the day off work and it was our 3 ½ year anniversary, so we decided to take a long walk together. We walked from our place, across to the Merri Creek, down to Fairfield Boat House, back down the Creek to Dights Falls, then along the Yarra to Bridge Road. It ended up being about 12km (approximately 8 miles) in total. We then caught the tram over to R’s grandparents place, where we were regaled with tea and cakes and stuff. Caught a cab home, and collapsed into bed.


Next morning, there were many stiff limbs groaning and creaking in our bed. I spent the morning doing housework and listening to music. I rediscovered an album that I have hardly listened to since I bought it 4 years ago – Sha Sha by Ben Kweller. It was great! I was singing and dancing along while doing the dishes. So that’s my musical recommendation of the week (if you’re lucky, I might make that a regular feature, so you can know what to like). Then into the city to spend Christmas gift vouchers (thanks L & J!) – I bought 2 books: ‘The Princess Bride’ and ‘Melbourne’s Great Outdoors’ – and then met R, went for some chocolaty indulgences at Koko Blacks, then had takeaway pizza to counter-act the chocolate.


It was back to work today. I spend most of my days at work quoting films (especially Napoleon Dynamite) with one of my colleagues.

How does the dealio sound to you?

1 comment:

danjonathantravel said...

dan, you sound good to me! love you muchly. sorry for spamming your blog!